DISCLAIMER: we are not responsible for any translation errors from using the Google
Language feature.

Office of Behavioral Health

Division of Adult & Family Services

Adult & Family Services Administrator: Jessica Fink

Who We Are

The Division of Adult and Family Services (AFS) oversees a wide range of services and programs to families and adults in Delaware County. These programs and services are delivered by a pool of provider agencies who have many years of experience working with each respective population.

What We Do

The Division has six main service areas: Homeless Continuum of Care (CoC), HIV/AIDS housing and services; Emergency Food Assistance (food pantries), Medical Assistance Transportation (MATP), Family Centers, and other Human Service Supports.

Services We Provide

Through contract agreements with providers, AFS programs are designed to help determine the best level of care and referrals that are needed to stabilize and support people in Delaware County.

Homeless Continuum of Care (CoC) Programs

  • Coordinated Entry (CE)
  • Outreach
  • Homeless Prevention
  • Emergency Shelter
  • Transitional Housing
  • Rapid Re-housing
  • Permanent Housing
  • Housing Support Programs
  • Community-wide coordination via the Homeless Services Coalition (HSC)


  • Housing Opportunities for Persons with AIDS
  • HIV/AIDS Case Management
  • Permanent Supportive Housing

Emergency Food Programs

  • Delaware County Interfaith Food Assistance Network (DIFAN)
  • The Emergency Food Assistance Program (TEFAP) – federal commodities (canned goods, dry goods and frozen meats and cheeses)
  • State Food Purchase Program – funds the purchase of food, food vouchers and meal programs

Family Center

A community based drop-in center for individuals and families to participate in parenting education, life skills training, literacy programs, youth mentoring, child development on site and in the home.


Provides Medical Assistance consumers with non-emergency transportation to medical care.

Other Programs/Coordination Includes

  • Delaware County Homeless Services Coalition (HSC)
  • Delaware County Women's Commission
  • Counseling
  • Homemaker

How to Contact

           Phone:            610-713-2365

           Address:         20 S. 69th Street, 3rd Floor
                                  Upper Darby, PA 19082

           Hours:            8:30 AM – 4:30 PM

           Email:            humanservices@delcohsa.org

          County Holiday Calendar

How to Make a Referral

Call 610-713-2365 and staff will direct you to our providers and services according to your inquiry. We are not a direct provider of service.

What you can do if you see a homeless person on the street in your community?

  • Contact the Horizon House, Inc. homeless outreach team at 484-479-3470 – 24/7. The outreach team will attempt to engage the person.

Resources and Helpful Links

County Cold Weather Plan

Community Transit

Coordinated Entry (CE) Information Sheet

Delaware County Women's Commission

Delaware County Interfaith Food Assistance Network (DIFAN) Info

2022 Delaware County Resource Guide

Emergency Food Programs

Homeless Continuum of Care Programs

Homeless Services Coalition

Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP)

Career Opportunities

Visit www.employment.pa.gov, click on Open Jobs to view available positions or register to take a test. For Civil Service employment information contact Philadelphia office 215-560-2253. For employment positions in Delaware County visit: https://delcopa.gov/employment/bytitle.html

If you are interested in a merit-covered position, such as a County Caseworker—Children and Youth or County Caseworker—Mental Health/Intellectual Disabilities, you will need to apply through www.employment.pa.gov rather than through the county office. This is a two-part process which will require you to take an exam to receive a score which you will then use to apply for vacancies of interest. Please visit the County Caseworker tutorial for further instruction on the application process.

Contact Human Services Personnel at 610-891-4951 or 610-891-4417 with questions.